All the stitching is done now-- the rose montees have been attached, and the edging is in place. The only thing left is the nerve-wracking task of cutting the sampler out as close as possible to the edging. Just have to work myself up to it...
I'm also waiting to cut the fabric until I finish a couple of extra projects along the periphery of the sampler. Here's one--
A simple flower motif intended to become a tiny brooch. So cute! It was a bonus project we got in the last class. I'm not an accessories sort of person, but I can see myself using this one.
As for the third project-- it's another brooch based on the b&w bow motif from the sampler, but I've run out of supplies to finish that one. So sadly, all the lunéville embroidery is on hold for the moment.
But the pause is good too-- it's giving me a chance to get back to some needle & thread embroidery. More on that next time!